MSI Press wishes its readers and staff a happy Thanksgiving!
Have fun, but protect your health!
TWITTER ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
We are indeed late-comers to Twitter, but we are very actively involved now. Please follow us! To celebrate our anniversary, we have put together a special deal for animal owners. For details, click on the contact us tab.
MSI Press authors are joining force to put out little books of tremendous value on surviving the Covid-19 pandemic. These will be available initially only in paperback format although we anticipate having e-book versions available soon.
We thank these civic-minded and compassionate authors who have dropped nearly everything to produce some timely, helpful information. We will add the books here as they become available, so check back frequently.
These books are/will be available online, through brick-and-mortar stores, as e-books,
and, on sale, including for pre-order, in our webstore
(use coupon code FF25 for 25% discount).
- Julie Potter (Harnessing the Power of Grief) gave a Zoom presentation at the Friendship Heights Neighbors Network on October 20 at 2 pm.
- Irit Schaffer (Good Blood) gave a Zoom presentation, “Finding Calmness in the Face of Fear,” for the Soref Jewish Community Center in Fort Lauderdale as part of the Book Month Speaker Series.
- Betty Lou Leaver (Think Yourself into Becoming a Language Learning Superstar and The Invisible Foreign Language Classroom) will be giving a presentation on “Transformative Language Learning and Teaching” for the American Council on Teaching Foreign Languages on November 17, 2020.
- Julie Gentile (How to Stay Calm in Chaos and 108 Yoga and Self-Care Practices for Busy Mamas) will give a presentation on “Yoga and Self-Care to Help You Stay Calm in Chaos” on December 10, 2020 at 7 pm at the Gail Borden Public Library in Elgin, IL.
- Books available on pre-order:
- Fields of the Mind (Corin & Leaver)
- Managing Cognitive Distortions & Mitigating Affective Dissonance (Salyer & Leaver)
- Sula and the Franciscan Sisters (Sula)
- The E&L Cognitive Construct (Leaver)
- Recently Released
- Clean Your Plate! (Bayardelle)
- Weekly Soul (Craigie)
- Women, We’re Only Old Once (Cooper)
- Staying Safe While Sheltering in Place (Schnuelle et al.)
- Exercising in a Pandemic (Young)
- How to Stay Calm in Chaos (Gentile)
- 10 Quick Homework Tips (McKinley Alder & Trombly)
- Rainstorm of Tomorrow (Dong)
- Damascus amid the War (M. Imady)
- Harnessing the Power of Grief (Potter)
- 2019 Bronze Medal, IPPY Living Now Awards: 108 Yoga and Self-Care Practices for Busy Mamas (Gentile)
- 2019 Pinnacle Achievement Award winner of the Christian category: Jesus Is Still Passing By (Easterling)
- 2019 Book Excellence Award Finalist: 108 Yoga and Self-Care Practices for Busy Mamas (Gentile)
- 2019 American Book Fest Finalist/Religion: One Family: Indivisible (Greenebaum)
- 2019 American Book Fest Finalist/Animals: Travels with Elly (MacDonald)
- 2019 Eric Hoffer Award First Runner-Up: Road to Damascus (E. Imady)
- 2019 Readers’ Favorite Bronze Medal: Soccer Is Fun without Parents (Jonas)
- Recent great reviews by US Review of Books (“recommended is the highest honor given):
- Rainstorm of Tomorrow (Dong). “Recommended”
- One Simple Text… (Shaw & Brown), “Recommended.”
- Introductory Lectures on Religious Philosophy (Sabzevary), “Recommended.”
- Awesome Couple Communication (Pickett), “Recommended.”
- Recovering from Domestic Violence, Abuse, and Stalking (Romer), “Recommended.”
- The Optimistic Food Addict (Fisanick), “Recommended.”
- Surviving Cancer, Healing People: One Cat’s Story (Sula), “Recommended”
- Recent great reviews by MidWest Book Review
CELEBRATING 17 YEARS OF RELEASING QUALITY BOOKS BY FINE AUTHORS
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER (BOTTOM OF PAGE)
AND RECEIVE A 25% DISCOUNT ON ANY PRINT BOOK YOU ORDER DIRECT FROM US!
Parents mean well, we really do.
We want our kids to get good grades, stop hitting their siblings, and, yes, clean their plate at dinnertime. It shouldn’t be that hard, right?
Wrong. Sometimes these harmless sounding statements don’t work. Even worse, they often backfire to cause unexpected and unwelcome side effects for us and for our kids. (Just like your prescription for headache medicine may accidentally cause vomiting or make you spontaneously sprout a leathery tail.)
This book takes 13 of the most common parent-isms and walks you through the ways they can go wrong, why they could negatively impact your kids, and what you should say instead.
Includes greatest parental hits like:
· Do You Need Any Money?
· Get Straight A’s
· Don’t Be a Quitter
· Don’t Talk Back (to Your Elders)
· Waste Not, Want Not
· Be Nice to Your Friends
· Give Your Aunt a Hug
· Win Your Game Today
· Finish Your Homework
· Don’t Hit
· Sit Still
· Don’t Watch TV
· Clean Your Plate
CLICK HERE TO ORDER FROM THE MSI PRESS WEBSTORE!
ALL PERTINENT DISCOUNTS APPLY!
Amazon Barnes & Noble