MSI Press wishes its readers, authors, staff, and fans a happy, peaceful, and successful 2019.
Irit Schaffer, author of Good Blood, recently gave a highly acclaimed presentation at The Literary Center in San Juan Bautista, California.
- Books available on pre-order:
- 108 Yoga and Self-Care Practices for Busy Mamas (Gentile)
- Passing On, second edition (Romer)
- Recently Released
- Book Excellence Awards, 2018
- Finalists, Best Books Awards 2018
- Recent reviews by US Review of Books (“recommended is the highest honor given):
- Awesome Couple Communication (Pickett), “Recommended.”
- Recovering from Domestic Violence, Abuse, and Stalking (Romer), “Recommended.”
- The Optimistic Food Addict (Fisanick), “Recommended.”
- Surviving Cancer, Healing People: One Cat’s Story (Sula), “Recommended”
- Recent great reviews by MidWest Book Review
- Tucker & Me (Harvey) April 2018
- Understanding the Challenge of “No” for Children with Autism(McNeil) June 2018
- From Deep Within (Lewis) September 2018
- Upcoming events:
- TBD. Dr. Emily Graves (How To Be a Good Mommy When You’re Sick) will be interviewed on the Moms with Dreams Show. (rescheduled from April 7)
- Jan. 22, 3 pm. Dr. Susan Lewis (From Deep Within) will be interviewed on the Brain Hackers show.
- Jan 15 at 1:00. Dr. Susan Lewis (From Deep Within) will be interviewed on the Psych Files podcast.
- Jan/Feb. Dr. Susan Lewis (From Deep Within) will be interviewed on the podcast, “My Own Worst Enemy: Let’s Talk about Mental Health.
CELEBRATING 15 YEARS OF RELEASING QUALITY BOOKS BY FINE AUTHORS
In commemoration of our 15 years, we will be offering a free Amazon Kindle book for each of the first 15 days in January. Here they are:
January 1. How to Get Happy and Stay That Way (Romer)
January 2. Survival of the Caregiver (Snyder)
January 4. How My Cat Made Me a Better Man (Feig)
January 5. Living in Blue Sky Mind (Diedrichs)
January 7. Lessons of Labor (Aziz)
January 8. Living Well with Chronic Illness (Charnas)
January 9. How to Live from Your Heart (Hucknall)
January 10. From Deep Within (Lewis)
January 11. Understanding the Seeker (Quinelle)
January 12. Understanding the Critic (Quinelle)
January 13. Depression Anonymous (Ortman)
January 14. Anxiety Anonymous (Ortman)
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER (BOTTOM OF PAGE)
AND RECEIVE A 40% DISCOUNT ON ANY PRINT BOOK YOU ORDER DIRECT FROM US! IN THE CODE SECTION OF THE ORDER, WRITE “NL.”
Having trouble getting your book published? Or are you a new author, wondering how to avoid the long wait through dozens of submissions find an author? This books is for you! Written from the perspective of an acquisitions editor for a publishing house who has also served as a reader and adviser for acquisitions editors at presses ranging from small to large to the leading presses in her field, the author helps new writers navigate the confusing myriad choices in finding a publisher. Typical missteps of new authors are presented, along with criteria for making decisions on choosing a publisher – and advice on how to approach the publisher. Of potentially great assistance, the author, an acquisitions editor, shares real-life stories of manuscripts she turned down — and why. This book differs from most of the books on the market because it is focused on giving authors a decision-making model rather than yet another a reference book on publishers and provides personalized decision-making activities to lead the writer to the right publisher in the right way.
Barnes & Noble Books-A-Million