1760-F Airline Hwy., # 203
Hollister, CA 95023
TEL/FAX (831) 886-2486
firstname.lastname@example.org (purchase orders and queries)
order at our webstore (www.msipress.com/shop) with appropriate coupon codes
Want to interview one of our authors?
Contact our marketing assistant, Brennan Meagher: email@example.com
Authors looking for a publisher:
If you are currently working on a book, chances are we can help you with your publishing needs.
Authors with a strong publishing history and ready-made platforms:
To submit a book proposal, read our information for authors document and then, if you would like to explore working with us, fill out our book proposal template — do not omit information — and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-time authors and authors without a strong publishing history or without a ready-made platform — or whose books do not fall within the lines that we publish (see our catalogue):
To submit a book proposal to San Juan Books, our division that functions as a compromise between traditional publishing and assisted publication, read our General Information SJB, and then, if you want to explore working with us, fill out our book proposal template — do not omit information — and submit to email@example.com, noting that this is a submission for San Juan Books.
With a few exceptions, the works of authors who have not published with us before are only accepted through our SJB division. However, any author is welcome to make a pitch to our traditional publishing staff.
- We accept unagented books, and the majority of our books have come directly from author proposals.
- 86% of our authors hold traditional contracts with us.
- 14% of our authors hold hybrid contracts; we are very happy to expand the number of hybrid authors who publish with us, but we do hold them to the same quality-of-writing standard that we expect from all of our authors, many of whom have won more than one award for their writing.
- Of the proposals made to us, whether for a traditional contract of or for San Juan Books, approximatley 25% in any given year end up accepted. The most common reasons for non-acceptance have to do with poor homework on the part of the author: overly optimistic representation of the potential market (i.e. has not done the research to provide an accurate picture), poor writing (often grammatically accurate but simply flat, not able to pull in a reader), and, in a very few cases, a misunderstanding of the publishing field (unresearched and unrealistic expectations of the book market today, the role of the publisher, and the role of the author).
- See B. L. Ham’s book, Publishing for Smarties: Finding a Publisher for an inside look on how acquisitions editors think. (PFS has been highly recommended by MidWest Book Review.)
TWITTER ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
Have you lost a pet? Have pictures and a story to tell? Just want a keepsake that is really special?
For the first five lucky pet owners/former pet owners who respond, we will assist you in preparing a book about your pet, one that is professional in quality, not just put together automatically and haphazardly, one that you can put on your coffee table (we can even make a coffee table book for you), and one that you can make available online to your friends–and anyone else. We will even carry it in our catalogue and promote it where possible.
Your book will be published through San Juan Books at a steeply reduced cost and no requirement for quantity purchase. It is our gift to you in celebration of our Twitter anniversary.
Want exampels? The three books shown here were written in honor of pets who passed over the rainbow bridge. Two of the three have won best books awards, with one being selected as a finalist in the Book of the Year category! We can help you make your pet book a potential winner.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about your special pet and your special book.