It Only Hurts When I Can’t Run: One Girl’s StoryISBN: 978-1-933455-80-8
Abandoned, neglected and beaten by a mother who really did care about her but suffered from her own demons and addictions, left with friends and relatives, as well as placed in foster homes, molested and raped on more than one occasion, including by men considered upright, the little girl who grew up to become an educator, minister, and entrepreneur learned to survive by running away again and again. This heartbreaking and heartwarming story, told with courageous frankness, reveals a deep trust in God that, in the long run, promoted an unbelievable resilience, allowing a young girl, turned young woman, to forgive those who hurt her and to reach out to all those who hurt with a message of healing and hope.
AVAILABLE IN OUR WEBSTORE!
ALL PERTINENT DISCOUNTS APPLY!
Amazon Barnes & Noble Powell's Books-A-Million Alibris AbeBooks
US Review of Books mypennameonly Goodreads Library Thing Shelfari MidWest Book Review Small Press Bookwatch Reader Views
- #4 Hot New Releases in the child abuse category
- #8 Hot New Releases in the family relationship/abuse category
- #47 Hot New Releases in the family relationship category
Recommended by US Review of Books
Read What People Are Saying about this book.
Interviews with the author
- Don’t Box Me In radio show (Talkzone)
- Healing through Hurt radio show (i-Talk Radio)
- Real Life (Empower Radio)
- Breathe Again Radio Show
- Right to Real Love
- Talk Zone
- Scars Do Not Define You on Conversations That Heal
- Hope and Healing (The Island Reporter, by Jackie Minniti)
- Author’s Corner with Pastor Gewanda J. Parker (Your Voice of Encouragement)
- Good Grief
- Beyond Surviving
- Mental Health Radio
Check out the Table_of_Contents.
Read a long excerpt from the book.
Read excerpts and interact on the “It Only Hurts When I Can’t Run” blog.
He said, “Sssssssh be quiet, do not say anything, it will not hurt you. Just relax and be calm. It won’t take long. Ooooh, aaaahhhh you are so good. Just stay still, don’t move. I won’t hurt you, I promise. I will not hurt you.”
My tears rolled down one cheek and into my ear. I drew back trying to get away…….